MA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you have any enquiries that are not addressed in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) overview, you may contact us by email.


I wish to apply for a National Licence, who should I contact?

All queries regarding National licences should be placed with the relevant State Controlling Body.

How do I know if my helmet meets requirements?

Helmet guidelines are found in the relevant discipline chapter of the MoMS -

I believe there is an error in a rule. How do I apply for a rule change or rule amendment?

For all information regarding rule changes please refer to the MoMS. The appropriate form to apply for a rule change can be found here.

I am travelling overseas to compete. Who should I contact?

You will need to compete an FIM Licence application form and contact AON (details on FIM licence application) to attain appropriate insurance. Please contact the Events Officer at Motorcycling Australia (MA) for more information.

How do I apply to host a National Championship?

The appropriate form can be found under the Forms section of the webpage. Please complete this and return it to the Events Department at Motorcycling Australia.

How do I become a Level 2 Coach?

MA hold level 2 coaching courses annually, at the Australian Institute of Sport. You must have previously held a Level 1 Coaching licence for a minimum of 12 months. For all level 1 coaching queries please contact your SCB. Any queries regarding Level 2 coaching please contact the Development Officer at Motorcycling Australia (MA).

I am a level 4 official. Who should I contact with a query regarding my licence?

Any queries regarding level 4 stewards, please contact the Development Officer of Motorcycling Australia (MA). For any queries regarding officials that are level 1 to 3 please contact your SCB.

What is the connection between MA and a state controlling body?

Motorcycling Australia (MA) is the National Governing Body for motorcycle activity within Australia. MA largely work on National Championships and International meetings that take place in Australia. SCB's are the state governing body for their relevant state. State bodies permit, promote and run State Championships and provide assistance to clubs within their region. Further information regarding the structure of Motorcycling Australia and State Controlling Bodies can be found on page 17 of the MoMS.



Motorcycling Australia TV