Non-Competition Licensing

Recreational Licenses

Motorcycling Australia Re-creational licenses are different to Riders' Division membership, in that they are allow holders to participate in track days or trail/leisure rides.

You can usually purchase a Single Event Recreational Licence on the day of the event from the organiser, or alternatively you can purchase an Annual Recreational licence  from your State Controlling Body or Club.

Visit the National Licences page for information about competition licences.

Motorcycling Road Licensing

The links below include basic information from road licensing authorities around Australia. We try to keep this information up-to-date, but we recommend that you phone or visit the websites of the organisations listed below for the most up-to-date information.

Note: Other requirements (such as proof of identity and eyesight tests) may also apply - contact the relevant authority for full details.

New South Wales
Roads and Traffic Authority, NSW
T: 13 22 13

T:13 11 71

Queensland Transport
T: 13 23 80

South Australia
Government of South Australia (Transport)
T:1300 360 067

Department of Infrastructure, Energy & Resources (Transport)
T:1300 135 513

Western Australia
Government of Western Australia (Department of Transport)
T:13 11 56

Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
Department of Territory & Municipal Services
T: 13 22 81

Northern Territory
Northern Territory Transport Group
T: 1300 654 628

Motorcycling Australia TV